Sunday, February 10, 2008

Since We Last Met

So I've been doing a lot of research for my piece within the last week. I have been testing out equipment, thinking of concept designs, and began drawing a few story boards. Unfortunately I have this fear that, because of my lack of drawing skills, the shots that I am truly envisioning will not translate very well to someone else. Therefore, this next week I am going to attempt to scout a couple locations (AS TEMPS) and find a few FREE models to pose for photos, so I can create some reference photos to go a long with a few boards. This way, the style, lighting, well the overall aesthetic will be read a lot easier.

Lately I've been watching a lot of different films, a long with reading how to create comics books, and how to tell stories, in order to strengthen my capabilities as a director, and a story teller. To me being well versed in many different methods of conveying an idea has become very important, and slowly "Dry-Erase" is becoming such that. I wouldn't say I want it to be the only thing that people will focus on, but I want it to be hovering as they are viewing and listening.

Speaking of story, I've had a couple of my close friends read the script that I am working with right now, and they've all pretty much have advised me to flush it out a tad bit more. They say there is a lot of potential within the characters, and their interactions that cutting it short, such as I have, would be a shame. They have also commented on the structure. Kali, in particular, stated that I should think about reworking the time line, so the audience could enter easier. I agree with her in this point, overall I do want to keep a sense of ambiguity, so not everything is completely taken as face value, but I also don't want to put people away. Therefore, I'm diving back into the script. Thankfully, I think I have a good platform to work from. In a couple of weeks I have to have a couple of photos to give a little bit more of an idea as too what it's ALL going to look like. :)

Peace, Love, Obama 08
Exal

No comments: