Saturday, February 2, 2008

Update

Wow, keeping a blog has shown to be more difficult than I imagined. There has been progress on my project. I have finally came to what I believe is a great starting point to launch myself into pre-produciton. I have written a 25 page short, funny enough with the original Title of "Dry-Erase". After writing a 32 page start, I realized that what I was doing, was just prolonging the story because I want to ultimately make a feature length, but this is not it. Scenes felt forced for the purpose of extending the story. I took certain scenes I believed are essential to the idea I want to share, and reconstructed the script.
To help with the pre-produciton, and developing the story further, I began taking an Independent Study coarse which will allow me to do so. By the end of the semester I should have a complete anamatic on the full piece, and should be ready to begin shooting. Given, of course that everything else, casting, location, goes well. Hopefully in a few days I shall be able to post a quick proposal for the film, and a synopsis, and begin using my blogs to receive some sort of grant. (which would be fantastic!)
On a side note, I watched "Faster Pussycat, KILL! KILL!" and "Punch Drunk Love" today. Wow, both very different films but equally as powerful, and inspiring. Faster Pussycat for it's style of pushing the limits and causing you to rethink stereotypical gender roles in film, and culture. And 'Punch' for making me question the possibility of this fictional happily ever after, and the hatred closely associated with love.
Well that's that.
On a side not, today I also discovered strange lil tale of a possible encounter between Rufus Wainwright, and Brandon Flowers (lead vocals of the Killers). For some odd reason, impossible encounters such as that made me feel better about all those other stories those celebrities want to keep in the "closet". ::shruggs::

:)
Exal
-Exal

No comments: