Saturday, January 12, 2008

Makes you Think

I have found myself continuously doubting how to approach my work. I doubt it, rewrite it, remodel. Which is a good thing. The more options, point of views I have the better I can make something. BUT because I'm so early in my "career" (or attempting to start one) I can't decide on how to approach my ideas.

This may also be caused by the fact that for the first time in 6 months. I'm finally alone in the apartment. Oh dear what a great feeling. Love the roommates, but breathers are nice too.

Anyways, the ongoing pressure of becoming the next success story really does a number on you. There are writers, directors, business owners, that are increasingly younger and younger, and on a personal level I have family who unknowingly has become dependent on my own success. They don't exactly say that, but when they only make 32,000 a year, and call me to say that they are very proud of me and can't wait to see me amongst the big names...I know they're trying to be supportive, but oh geeze, I can hear the kettle just whistle.

I've been told not to focus on making a master piece, I'm only 21. But how can I not? I want to be true to myself, and not let my parents down.

Really I shouldn't be left alone for long like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the problem is that we do get wrapped up in trying to make it. But the older we get the more I realize that "making it" for me is being able to live comfortable, be happy, and produce work. As long as we are producing something, we made it.