I'm officially 23 minutes away from going home. Or in this case, from going over to my friend's Amanda's place. Yesterday I spent a good long while writing, deleting and rewriting. My story has yet again changed, I've placed my original idea aside for the moment, to write a new story. Thanks to Kali, I got a amazing new concept for a lil tale. I'm eight pages in, so the complete story is of course in the works. But when I have a little more information on where I'm going, I'll update.
Along with trying to get ideas out of mind and onto paper, I also listened to a few podcasts from Creative Screenwriting Magazine ( link to the right). I was completely consumed by these writer's QnAs, but my favorites were Joel and Ethan Coen brothers, Topic: "No Country For Old Men", and Ronald Harwood Topic: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". They were each about 20 minutes long, but the were able to convey so much experience in that time. From the initial creation of a script, to the actual development of a full length. I'm still in a bit of "aww". If you have any interest in writing yourself, both listening to these screenwriters and then going and read the actual scripts, is something everyone should do.
It has clarified a lot of assumptions I had. And it has also put some most deserved fear, and reality. It takes time and effort to write something amazingly brilliant. But I of course will easyly settle for just good, or fair...maybe WRITTEN BY THE HAND OF GOD! Well, maybe not so far. 10 minutes left. Only 10.
-Exal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment