Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 FAIL!

As the new year began, I decided that I would take 15 minutes each night to write a small quick post about anything. As it turns out, I failed the first day. Woops! But what's one day out of 365?

I'm still waiting for life to pick up, and am faced with life altering decisions in my very very near future. What kind of life altering decisions? Well, let's just say I soon will have a drift instead of a draft. What? No, never mind. It isn't too drastic (I tend to over dramatize everything). The worst part of it is it's out of my control. It all depends on "fate" and where it may be taking me.

But let's forget the future. That's yet to happen. Let's focus on the now. On the individual days of my life.

I continue to suffer from stages of creative impotence due to financial deficiency. I find myself eager to start something that can launch me into the career I hope to have someday soon, but of course fall 1 cm too short of a facial. (Lands on his chest). But what I keep reminding myself is I'm only 23. 23! That's exactly half of the age where I begin seducing twinks into relationships. I'm not to the point where I look back and wonder what I would be like if I had decided to do job A over Job B. (Although questioning where I went for college, check!) And it just so happens that I do have a small sense of self assurance that I will be fine. How do I know that? Well on the way home today from a long day at the Lego store, four drunk mid-twenty-somethings reminded me that sometimes drinking a tower of beer equals the same as drinking 1.5 gallons.

No comments: