Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fog

I love using metaphors that are completely "killed" in today's literature. Especially for blog title purposes. I've had a couple of really great nights, mixed in with tiring work and hours of thinking. To many having the ability to plan, think, and prepare might be a godsend. But to a few of us it's kind of a curse. Here's another overused analogy. A gift to some, may be a curse to others. I've been overwhelmed with this fear of "uncertainty" which I wouldn't say is a negative thing, but just frustrating at most. Of course this is tied in to my frustration of impatience. But, writing these silly blogs have begun to help quite a bit.

As to my personal work. I've started to plan out my script I've mentioned before. My plan is to write whatever I can get on to the page, and it seems to be flowing in coming together nicely. So far I don't have concrete characters written down, but I do have the name Jerr for the main Vamp. I hope to change it to something a little more interesting. I've begun to write them in journal style, written in the point of view of the protagonist. Now that's not going to be like the script at all. I'm thinking of keeping only for reference and to get my scenes and thoughts on t paper. Oooh. I can't stop talking about this idea. So far I've gotten positive intrigue from my concept. I think in particular the idea of comparing this american Cultish "gang" to latin american gangs is something that remains to be compared. I've always have found it interesting how these "families" have formed in order to protect their lands, family, and maintain power. It's frighting at the same time, because they take ideas of fitting in to their model very seriously. And if you're not part of them, then you're dead. Simple as that.

Anywho, I need to start writing this script. At least get the skeleton on to a page. Move on and approach it with more research afterwards.

Kay! Toodles mofos!

No comments: